Fiction Proposal Outlines can be created in many formats; this is just one and happens to be one we here at Lucky Bat Books like a lot.
The Fiction Proposal Outline
(Written in third-person, present tense)
- Summarize the action of the story (1-3 pages):
- Introduce the main character in a setting with a problem.
- Explain what the character wants, what his or her problem is.
- Show how character goes about getting what he/she wants or solving problem, including major turning points and complications.
- Ending (be sure to include whether or not the main character gets what he/she was after or solved the problem plaguing him/her).
- Genre, word count, target audience
- Explain how your book is different (a paragraph or two).
- Bio (including past publications, do you work within the field you are writing about, do you have a massive following on social networks, etc) (a paragraph to a page)
- Contact info, Web site, Facebook, Twitter, etc.